Incorporate Wellness and Healthcare Consumerism into your benefit program, a proven strategy to help lower premiums and increase employee satisfaction and productivity.
Wellness benefits have become increasingly popular over the past decade. In fact our carriers have conducted research and developed programs geared to keep their members healthy and out of the doctor’s office. Studies continue to show that both employers and employees benefit through lower premiums, reduced claims, a substantial increase in productivity and moral, and a noticeable reduction in absenteeism.
Employees have access to Information and tools about nutrition, exercise, preventative medicine, substance abuse and many other healthy alternatives to make decisions that improve overall health and well-being.
Following are examples of wellness benefits and their advantages.
- Biometric screening
- Education and preventative programs
- Onsite or virtual physical fitness & nutritional classes
- Smoking cessation programs
- Substance abuse counseling
- Financial counseling
- Reduced claims
- Improved patient care and outcomes
- Reduction in various health risks, healthier workforce
- Improved morale, loyalty and productivity
- Quality perks that attract and retain top employees